Monday 2 May 2011

Pilot interview

I was at an audition the other day and bumpd into a girl that I danced with at our old dance school many many years ago. We started talking and I thought why dont I write down some of these questions I'm asking her and her answers.
1,How long have you been teaching for?
On/off for 6months?

2, Do you have an official teaching qualification?
No, I have a Professional Diploma in dance, from a vocational college?

3, Were you taught any teaching techniques at this college?
No, but I have always helped out with extra classes and the shows. Like a class helper sort of thing.

4, Did you always want to teach?
Not really I wanted to perform mainly, but since grauduating i've needed to work and teaching has seem to be the best kind of work for me, instead of working in a pub. But since ive been teaching I have actually found a small love for it. I enjoy passing on my knowledge to the students.

5, Are you or would you plan on doing any kind of teaching qualification?
Havent really thought about it at the minute, as I havent long finished college, but maybe in the future.

6, Have you heard of the term "inclusive planning"?
No never, but i take it, it has something to do with planning.

7, Did you know that everyone has a different learning style?
Yes, I remember at school taking a test to see how we learnt, I remember I learnt my doing (I think)

I didnt really get alot of information from this interview. But I did have a thought with there properly being more dancers out of work than in work, why dont these vocational courses offer some kind of teaching qualifiaction/ teaching lessons in thier course. This would help alot of dancers who are out of work with some kind of knowledge for teaching. As not all amazing dancers are amazing teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment